From: Scott Stoddard <deltacow@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] openoffice-bin-2.0.2 hang for regular users
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 13:09:56
Andreas Vinsander wrote:
> Hi! > > After upgrading openoffice-bin from 1.1.5 to 2.0.2 my ordinary users > can't save documents or exit out of openoffice applications. > > An strace on the pid of a hanging process (tried to exit OOo) shows this: > > [ Process PID=11248 runs in 32 bit mode. ] > futex(0x80bab50, FUTEX_WAIT, 2, NULL > > Root can exit out of OOo applications without problem. > > I run a nptlonly multilib stable amd64 installation of gentoo, with some > packages from ~amd64. > > Any hints of what might be wrong in my system? > Is the nptlonly glibc the problem?
I don't know if this has been resolved yet, but I was having a similar (read: exactly the same) problem. Are you using nfs-mounted home directories by any chance? In my case we're using a diskless gentoo system where the home directories are all nfs mounts to the server. The problem had to do with nfs file locking. It can be solved by editing /usr/lib/openoffice/program/soffice and commenting out these two lines: SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING=1 export SAL_ENABLE_FILE_LOCKING Note that setting it =0 was not enough for me, I had to comment them out. Everything worked fine after that. Scott. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list