From: Iain McKee <mckee.iain@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] hardcore newbie
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:17:03
1 On 1/24/06, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > Iain McKee wrote:
3 > > Oh sorry, I have a Maxtor 200 GB SATA drive. Pehaps that will be the
4 > > issue. yeah, I don't like partition magic one bit...i used a linux one
5 > > with yellow dog, pretty common but I cant remember the name; anyway,
6 > > it was super easy.
7 > >
8 > > It's funny because I have also had a dualboot on mac before and
9 > > setting that up with mac software was amazingly easy.
10 > >
11 > > Anyhoo, please let me know if you need any other info and thanks for the help.
15 > Yeah there's a couple of things. First, not that I personally care, but
16 > top posting is considered bad form on most lists. Second the tool you
17 > used on YellowDog was probably QtParted. I have found that the System
18 > Rescue CD (www.sysresccd.org) includes QtParted and I've used that
19 > almost exclusively for the last 3 years or so for changing partitions to
20 > dual- or triple-boot my systems. Download that and try running the
21 > install without ANY linux partitions in the free space and it should work.
25 > --
26 > Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
27 >
28 > Mark Haney
29 > Sr. Systems Administrator
30 > ERC Broadband
31 > (828) 350-2415
32 >
33 > --
34 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
37 Alright, I will refrain from top posting if it bugs people. oddly
38 enough I have done that since I started using email over 10 years ago
39 and no one ever mentioned it to me!
40
41 I will give that app a try
44 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list