From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge -eav system failed with ati-drivers
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 18:17:14
1 On Sun, 21 Jun 2009 13:55:10 -0400
2 Drake Donahue wrote:
3
4 > <snip>
5 >
6 > I'm guessing you did an "emerge --depclean" sometime after compiling
7 > the 2.6.22-r2 kernel and after emerging a new gentoo-sources that
8 > erased your make files, This is something depclean loves to do while
9 > leaving 99% of the older kernel source files intact.
10 > I think depclean leaves your .config file in place. Been a few weeks
11 > since I burned myself last with this one.
12 > If you were following directions back in 2007 you should have a
13 > stored 2.6.22-r2 config in the /boot directory.
14 >
15 > Try "emerge =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.22-r2 to re-emerge the old
16 > package and regain the make files. What the osmp is about beats me.
17 >
18 > or
19 >
20 > Emerge a new gentoo-sources, eselect it, configure, compile, install a
21 > new (current) kernel.
22
23 My understanding is that ati-drivers expects /usr/src/linux to contain
24 the source of the currently running kernel.
25
26 I'm running a 2.6.28 kernel. I have downloaded 2.6.30 and built that
27 but have not yet rebooted. "emerge ati-drivers" failed with 2.6.30
28 in /usr/src/linux. Changing directory names allowed ati-drivers to
29 build happily.
30
31 HTH,
32