From: Will Briggs <will@××××××××××××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64]emerge make my comp slow :(
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2006 13:14:09
1 Mihir Sevak wrote:
2 > Hello everyone,
3 > i tried to set my dma = 1 by
4 > "hdparm -d 1 /dev/hda"
5 > and got an error mesg.
6 > "HDIO_SET_DMA failed: operation not permitted"
7 > Of course next step was google on it and i varified that my kernel is
8 > tweaked like...
11 > <*> ATA/ATAPI/MFM/RLL support
12 > <*> Enhanced IDE/MFM/RLL disk/cdrom/tape/floppy support
13 > <*> Include IDE/ATA-2 DISK support
14 > [*] Use multi-mode by default
15 > <*> Include IDE/ATAPI CDROM support
16 > [*] PCI IDE chipset support
17 > [*] Sharing PCI IDE interrupts support
18 > [*] Generic PCI bus-master DMA support
19 > [*] Use PCI DMA by default when available
20 > <*> Intel PIIXn chipsets support
21 >
22 > Is there any other module to be added to kernel or compiled as module???
23 >
24 > Thanks.
25
26 It depends on your chipset. lspci should tell you which chipset needs to
27 be used. (emerge pciutils)
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list