From: "Michal Žeravík" <michalz@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] quake4 : freezes during start (audio problem?)
Date: Fri, 31 Mar 2006 20:22:23
1 Denis Solaro wrote:
2 > On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 21:17:55 +0200
3 > Michal Žeravík <michalz@×××××××.com> wrote:
6 >> but got another the problem:
7 >> Quake startes in fullscreen well, but after "Inilializing menus"
8 >> it freezes and I must kill -9 it from console.
11 > Ah, an other non amd64 problem, I see :-)
12 >
13 > 1) This is the phase where quake4 calls up the mother-ship to double check that the cdkey you have entered is the right one. Make sure it can reach id software while it starts if you own your copy of quake4 with your own secret and privet cd key. If it can't it will wait and wait forever and eventually accept your valid but yet fraudulent cdkey. Now, you are not one of those Internet buccaneering pirate types, are you? Those scurvy dogs should walk the plank, yarrrrg!
14 >
15 ok, i have downloaded iso to see how is it looks like.
16 but i'm not seriuos gamer. just wandering.
17 by the way, no serial key was needed during (after neither) emerge.
18
19 > 2) It must do some auto detecting work and maybe thinks you have a surround sound card when in fact the support for it is broken and it only works as a "stereo card". So mileage depends on cards, drivers and libraries.
22 I've disabled onboard cards and installed
23 card 0: Live [SB Live 5.1 [SB0220]], device 0: emu10k1
24
25 The same problem. It hangs with black screen.
26 ------ Common Initialization Complete -------
27 terminal support enabled ( use +set in_tty 0 to disabled )
29 detecting video ram ( set sys_videoRam to force ) ..
30 found XNVCtrl extension 1.7
31 1982 MHz CPU
32 1008 MB System Memory
33 128 MB Video Memory