From: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] NVIDIA 100.14.19 + xorg-server 1.4.0.90 + xorg-x11 7.3 = blackscreen after every restart
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 14:43:33
1 * Hemmann, Volker Armin <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 <snip>
4
5 > > Quite uncertain. The machine is very stable w/o the NV drivers.
6 > > But just loading the kernel module and waiting a few mins
7 > > ends up in an total lockup. I could 100% reproduce this problem with
8 > > several nv-chipset based notebooks (different geforce versions).
9 > > Ah, and there had been an preinstalled Vista on that box, which
10 > > worked perfectly with 3D stuff.
11 > > So I don't think it's an hw issue.
12 >
13 > and vista has a much better power managment than linux - could still be
14 > overheating.
15
16 Overheating a few mins after *cold* start and w/ using the 3D stuff
17 (just by loading the kernel module and waiting a bit ?). Still seems
18 very uncertain.
21 cu
22 --
24 Enrico Weigelt == metux IT service - http://www.metux.de/
26 Please visit the OpenSource QM Taskforce:
27 http://wiki.metux.de/public/OpenSource_QM_Taskforce
28 Patches / Fixes for a lot dozens of packages in dozens of versions:
29 http://patches.metux.de/
31 --
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list