From: Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Better Chroot system
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:51:09
1 On Thursday 30 March 2006 17:42, Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org wrote:
2 > Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk> skribis:
3 > > I was just talking with an LFS-using friend of mine, and it gave me a few
4 > > ideas.
5 > > Could I just put all the emul-linux-x86-* packages in package.provided,
6 > > turn off glibc multilib, use the non-multilib profile, and simply add the
7 > > location of my chroot to my ld.so.conf and prelink.conf?
8 > >
9 > > Would this rid the need for /emul/linux/x86/* and/or */lib32 folders?
10 > > Could I just put my chroot in /emul/linux/x86?
11 >
12 > I ran my system for a while with the chroot's library directories in the
13 > ld.so.conf, and without the emul packages, and it worked fine but was
14 > a little harder to maintain than using emul, so I went back.
15 Could you detail how you did that, in regards to gccs and multilib profiles?
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list