From: Dieter Ries <clip2@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: 3200+ -> X2 4000+
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 19:07:39
1 Hi,
2
3 Regis Decamps schrieb:
4 > Fernando Boaglio a écrit :
5 > The AMD cooler is th same from both CPUs.
6
7 I have upgraded from a 3000+ single core 1,8GHz to a X2 4800+ dual core
8 2*2,4GHz some time ago. I am not using the stock cooler, I have an
9 Thermaltake cooler. But what I experienced was, that the 4800+ was
10 running at exactly the same temperature as the 3000+ did, so a dualcore
11 processor doesn't necessarily have to be warmer than a single core CPU.
12
13 I guess, if the airflow your case is OK, you don't _have to_ change the
14 cooler with the processor. But maybe you are on the safe side if you do.
15
16 cu
17 Dieter
20 3rd Law of Computing:
21 Anything that can go wr
22 fortune: Segmentation violation -- Core dumped