From: Tim Ames <lls@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Is 2005 broken?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 06:01:52
I posted a message in here last week about digest verification failing and
also in the forums and did not receive a reply.  What is happening is that
after updating portage when I tried to emerge files and they would download
and you could see them get larger than the amount that was written in the
first lookup of the file.  The file would go past 100 percent and then
sometime later it would stop and it would come up with a digest
verification error.

So I managed to get the machine online with just a modem after a while and
the same pattern happened.  So I started out completely from scratch and I
just compiled 2005.0.  Everything worked out until I tried to emerge
coldplug from a genkernel.  I got the digest verification error again.  I
emerge sync ed again and now everthing I try to emerge gets the digest
verification error.

I guess I'm going to have to give up and go to another distro.

I'm running an sk8v asus motherboard with an fx-51 chip.

Does any of this ring a bell with anyone?

tia

Tim