From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:03:06
1 Barry Schwartz posted on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:20:13 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > Unfortunately the nvidia drivers are needed not only for graphics but
4 > also to use the GPU for scientific calculations, including for donating
5 > processor time to medical research, for instance.
6
7 My donation ends where their disrespect for human freedom begins. (Over
8 a decade ago, back on MS, I used to run distributed.net. However, they
9 don't have a freedomware client, or at least didn't back then, and while
10 I understand the reasons why -- someone cheating and saying they did the
11 work when they didn't, just to get the stats -- that didn't change the
12 fact that I wasn't going to run servantware. But as they say, YMMV.)
17 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman