From: Sebastian Redl <sebastian.redl@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Root on Raid and LVM
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:46:29
Florian D. wrote:

> i have a similar solution with a raid5 for /opt /usr /home, etc. and a > small / on raid1. but i think grub is better in this situation, > because with the grub shell, in case of a failed disk, the changed > identification of the subsequent disks can easily be corrected. i > don´t know how lilo handles this.
My RAID setup (two disks) looks like this: /boot -> RAID 1 /var -> RAID 1 /var/tmp/portage -> RAID 0 (no use wasting space there, and it might even speed up compilation a bit) /usr -> RAID 0 (nothing in /usr that can't be simply reinstalled, thus again no reason to waste space) / -> RAID 1 Sebastian Redl -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list