From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift - slaveryware)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 23:34:21
1 felix@×××××××.com posted 20060929183339.GB571@×××××××.com, excerpted
2 below, on Fri, 29 Sep 2006 11:33:39 -0700:
3
4 > On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 04:03:25PM -0700, Bob Young wrote:
5 >
6 >> That's almost entirely a theoretical difference, in the real world this
7 >> "freedom" is actually exercised very little if at all.
8 >
9 > Almost?!? How many people actually use the freedoms guaranteed by the US
10 > constitution? For almost all of them, it is a theoretical freedom they
11 > never use.
12
13 I was trying /very/ hard not to open up another can of worms, at least
14 keeping it as much to software as possible. I tend to agree and would
15 normally continue this angle, but this isn't really the place for
16 the discussion after it has left software entirely.
21 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
24 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list