From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] dvdrw drive not visible
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2009 22:02:29
1 When I boot off the live CD there is a /dev/hda /dev/cdrom /dev/cdrw
2 /dev/dvd /dev/dvdrw etc & it works just fine.
3
4 When I boot off my kernel there are no such devices & I can't use the drive.
5
6 This is the same drive as in my old system, which just worked with no
7 tweaking before.
8
9 Obviously I am missing some driver, yet I have grovelled thru
10 menuconfig to no avail.
11 Google turns up many similar problems, however none have been helpful.
12
13 If I boot off the live cd, is there a way to see what options I need?
14
15 The drive shows as "PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-109" on the live cd.