From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Cedega running programs on fat32 partition
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:35:47
1 Hi,
2
3 Is anyone running cedega 5.0 and storing programs on a fat32 partition
4 in a 64 bit environment? I have it working fine on my Pentium-M laptop
5 with fat32, but for some reason I can not seem to get it working on my
6 amd64 box. Both systems are running 2.6.14-r6 gentoo sources and are
7 configured with similar options as it pertains to the filesystems etc.
8 Every time I try to execute a win32 binary on the fat32 filesystem I
9 get "cannot find whatever.exe".
10
11 I have noticed if I put the binary in the root of the fat32 filesystem,
12 I can execute them, but for some reason cedega can not see any files
13 located in a folder under the root fat32 system. When trying to install
14 new programs to the fat32 system, the initial file copy starts, but
15 when it goes to verify the files, it can not access them. If I try to
16 install and/or run programs on a reiserfs file system, everything works
17 fine.
18
19 Here is the mounted filesystem info:
20 /dev/sdb2 on /usr/local/games type vfat (rw,noatime,gid=100,umask=0000)
21
22 And the output from ls:
24 ...
25 -rwxrwxrwx 1 root users 4341810 Dec 13 22:17 WoW.exe
26 ...
27
28 And when I try to run the program:
29 brett@homer /usr/local/games/WoW $ cedega WoW.exe
30 /home/brett/.cedega/.winex_ver/winex-5.0.3/winex/bin/wine: cannot find
31 'WoW.exe'
32
33 Thanks,
34 Brett