From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Major update problem
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 06:02:49
1 Josh Sled posted on Wed, 09 Feb 2011 01:05:10 -0500 as excerpted:
2
3 > Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> writes:
4 >> Jonathan Callen posted on Tue, 08 Feb 2011 16:29:35 -0500 as excerpted:
5 >>
6 >>> Portage 2.1 only has support for 3 sets: @world, @system, and
7 >>> @selected. All of the other support for sets has been disabled
8 >>> internally in the code but is otherwise present to allow easier
9 >>> merging between the 2.1 and master branches in git.
10 >>
11 >> Thanks. I was wondering how I'd missed that big news!
12 >
13 > Well, it's still only in unstable. :) I'd hope before this goes into
14 > stable, a News item (at least!) is created to guide users into how their
15 > behavior needs to change.
16
17 So then sets (beyond the three above) are unmasked to ~arch, at least,
18 then? Because last I knew they were in the (last I knew) hard-masked 2.2
19 series, only. So even unmasking them to ~arch would be big news, here.
20 (And, since I run ~arch, if they're ~arch keyworded and not in
21 package.mask, they're not masked, from my viewpoint. They might be ~arch,
22 but that's not masked, but ~arch. Masked means either an entry in
23 package.mask or KEYWORDS="", to me.)
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman