From: Zac Medico <zmedico@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is 2005 broken?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 07:23:26
1 Tim Ames wrote:
2 > At 11:44 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
3 >
4 >> Errors with both md5 and gzip? Can you use a separate computer to
5 >> determine if the problem is with md5/gzip programs or corruption of
6 >> the distfiles themselves?
7 >>
8 >> Zac
12 > I was able to download the gzip from the mirror and put them in my
13 > /distfiles dir and for example I was able to do that to wvdial and
14 > emerge it on the system and get it working. But I couldn't download
15 > anything from a mirror on the sk8v machine and emerge it on that
16 > machine. I was able to start all over again move a stage 3 tarball over
17 > and run it, compile the kernel, but then the same problem started all
18 > over again after the first emerge sync.
19 >
20 > still scratching my head
21 >
22 > thanks
23 >
24 > Tim
27 When you are experiencing the problem, copy the problem tarball to another computer and check it out. Do an md5sum and try to untar it. This will tell you whether or not the tarball is corrupted so you can isolate the problem.
28
29 Zac
30 --
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list