From: "Michal Žeravík" <michalz@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: [ardour-users] Tranzport
Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 13:55:45
1 Brett McCoy wrote:
2 > Sampo Savolainen wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I'm interested in trying out the Tranzport control surface... is Ardour
5 >>> 2.0 stable enough for doing some basic experimentation?
6 >> That depends on your gtk version. With gtk+ 2.8.x, ardour2 crashes randomly.
7 >> I'm still trying to get to the bottom of the problem, but that's another story.
8 >>
9 >> If you are running gtk+ 2.6.x you should be fine. There is still an issue
10 >> with the tranzport implementation. libusb seems to be a bit too simple for
11 >> the tranzport. This causes some erratic behaviour like ardour not being able
12 >> to catch all button presses sent from the tranzport.
13 >>
14 >> We are quite confident that we will (= Paul will) get this fixed, but as it
15 >> needs changes to libusb and possibly even the kernel, we just have to wait.
16 >>
17 >> On the other hand, the tranzport does work already, and it's pretty darn
18 >> coold! :)
19 >
20 > Not sure what gtk+ version I have... whatever the latest is in Gentoo, I
21 > guess. :-) I haven't built 2.0 in a while nor even tried doing any
22 > recording with it yet.... but it looks so slick!
23 >
24 > -- Brett
25
26 anyone knows about ebuild for ardour2-cvs ? ehm, for amd64 too. :)
27 thanks
28 michalz
31 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list