From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Possible Math Problem - Request For Verification [Solved]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 2011 16:31:43
1 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
2 > I was using gcc-4.5.2, which is the latest on Gentoo. Installing gcc-4.4.5,
3 > the previous version, into a new slot and then using gcc-4.4.5 to run the
4 > ucbtest I do *not* get the cabsd error. So the problem is definitely gcc.
5
6 Especially if you are worried about floating point accuracy, but in
7 any case, I would be conservative with the compiler. I’m an ~amd64
8 user but by choice am using gcc-4.4.5 without graphite et al. (and
9 even though gcc-4.5 is installed in a slot, though again without
10 graphite et al.).