From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:18:04
Duncan wrote:
> Florian Philipp posted on Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:48:29 +0100 as excerpted: > > >> Didn't you post on gentoo-user that you watch youtube videos? Well, the >> currently stable version of adobe-flash (10.1.102.64) is 32bit-only. >> That will change again with the next higher version in the tree but the >> switch to 32bit can happen again when Adobe decides once again that it >> doesn't need to fix its security bugs for amd64. >> > Eh, I watch youtube, but NOT using flash servantware, and using 100% 64- > bit apps. The firefox extension I use is 1-click-youtube-downloader, but > there are others, and other ways to watch it (including in HTML5 native > format), if desired, without using servantware. > > I always download the mp4 version, watching it using my video player of > choice (presently smplayer). I can then delete it if I don't like it, or > save it if I do. Sometimes videos disappear from youtube, you know, and > google doesn't need to know how many times I watch my favorites, or even > whether I consider it good enough to save or not. > > IOW, particularly insecure and buggy servantware not required to view > youtube. =:^) > >
I do this the same way. For some reason, the videos are dark when played through youtube or any other site for that matter. I can download them and open them in smplayer and they are bright and look fine. This happens in Firefox and Seamonkey. I never have been able to figure why they are to dark tho. Dale :-) :-)