From: Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Libjpeg-Turbo Drops Newer ABIs
Date: Fri, 02 Aug 2013 19:31:36
1 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
2 > On Fri, 2 Aug 2013 13:50:32 -0500
3 > Barry Schwartz <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
6 > > http://www.libjpeg-turbo.org/About/Jpeg-9
7 > >
8 > > Basically, it says 7, 8, and now 9 were all a mistake.
9 >
10 > Thanks for this.
11 >
12 > When I visited the home page, that link was staring me in the
13 > face but for some reason I just couldn't see it. Maybe because
14 > it was listed in "Position Statements," which seems more political
15 > than technical.
16
17 My system (mostly stable) seems to have both jpeg implementations
18 installed, so perhaps, I imagine, it means I could get rid of the
19 media-libs/jpeg 0.62-ABI I currently have, by 'upgrading' my
20 media-libs/libjpeg-turbo.
21
22 I do not suppose there is any hurry to do anything.