From: Beso <givemesugarr@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] USB flash drive mount point fun
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 18:17:09
1 to be honest i also experienced something similar: when i plug in my
2 external 2.5'' disk after some time (from 30 sec to 5 min) it gets mad and
3 doesn't use it anymore.... i thought i was something of my configuration and
4 didn't used it on gentoo anymore, but now i feel that it isn't only a
5 misconfiguration.... the strange thing is that this problem doesn't come
6 with the 1gb portable device and the mtp....
10 > I have seen this in a friends workstation that had a external usb hard
11 > drive, what I noticed then was that something goes wrong when writing to
12 > the
13 > device and the USB resets, it can be many small writes or one big flush,
14 > in
15 > this particular case it got fixed by moving the drive from one port to
16 > another... I know it sounds odd but it happends on my laptop aswell with
17 > my
18 > wifi, thumbdrive and usb phone in one particular port... they all work
19 > fine
20 > on the other 3 ports
25 beso
26