From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] World packages
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2009 23:49:46
1 Thanks guys. I understand how portage works and what to do to clean
2 things up. That part isn't an issue this time around.
3
4 I'm more trying to understand whether this is just left over from old
5 installs and hasn't gotten cleaned up along the way. I had about 6
6 emul-linux packages. The all were dependencies of the two that are
7 left so I simply removed them from the world file knowing they'd stay
8 in and didn't need to be listed. Clearly I can remove these last two
9 from world and they'll all go away but before I did that I just wanted
10 to make sure there wasn't anything magic about them. For instance,
11 maybe the emul-java file is some subset of running java in
12 firefox-bin? If it was would it show up as a dependency? I don't know.
13
14 None of this is a big deal. I was just poking around and decided to do
15 an early spring cleaning.
16
17 Cheers,
18 Mark