From: gigli <gigli@×××××××.se>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] mythtv
Date: Wed, 16 May 2007 10:37:38
1 Richard Freeman skrev:
2 > gigli wrote:
3 >> I used an ~amd64 profile 2006.1, xfce4, nvidia-drivers, Asus A8V deluxe,
4 >> so the hardware is not exotic (and it works perfect in Xubuntu). Since i
5 >> never did solve this issue i now use Xubuntu which works perfectly, but
6 >> i do miss Gentoo. So my question is if anyone have had a similair error
7 >> and solved it, and if the 2007.0 profile is working as expected? As it
8 >> takes a couple of hours to install Gentoo i really don't want to do it
9 >> in vain.
12 > I can't say I've had your particular problem, but I've been running
13 > mythtv just fine on my system. It is stable amd64, kde, nvidia-drivers,
14 > Asus K8V deluxe - so not identical but somewhat close. I don't run
15 > mythfrontend often on this machine, but I do on occasion. I was getting
16 > serious X freezes a while ago but it turned out to be a dying video card
17 > (it froze up on knoppix as well - anything but text mode, and a week
18 > later the computer would boot at all - just as the replacement card
19 > arrived!).
20 >
21 > You might try messing around with gentoo in vmware just to try things
22 > out a little - not that this would be ideal (plus I'm guessing it won't
23 > support tuner cards).
24 >
25 > Good luck whatever route you take!
26
27 Thanks for answers, i will do a new try, this time with a stable
28 profile. It would be great if it worked out.
29
30 Thanks
31 Martin
32 --