From: Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Is 2005 broken?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 22:23:57
1 >> Thanks for the reply. I updated the bios on the sk8v with the beta version
2 >> that was posted on the asus website.
3 >>
4 >> bad news got a cmos error. Went through all the proper steps, called tech
5 >> at asus and I fried the bios chip they
6 >> are sending me a new one, so next week I'll try this again. But this was a
7 >> fresh install, fresh fdisk and I did the first emerge sync and this happened.
8 >
9 > You've /gotta/ have something /seriously/ wrong with that thing! MD5s
10 > going crazy, a BIOS update failing (I've /never/ seen that happen unless
11 > the power dies in the middle). There's just too much weird stuff going on
12 > for it to be anything but hardware!
13
14 I would also take a close look at the power supply as it can easily be the
15 cause of way too many weird problems.
16 --
17 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list