From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Shift + Fn Keys Suddenly Don't Work
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 20:21:05
On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:13:05 -0700
Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:

> > I've never used the Shift-Function keys myself. Here is what I'm > seeing here using xev to capture Shift-F1: >
Thanks for taking the time to test, but I may have posted a bit prematurely again. Further searching has revealed that the problem is with the newest (and unstable in Gentoo) xkeyboard-config-2.4.1. This package contains the configuration files for the X keyboards. Hopefully, the next release will correct things, but otherwise a downgrade to 2.3 will help if the problem affects you. Most users probably don't have much need for Shift-Fn. Frank Peters