From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] simulating apt-get on gentoo
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 12:40:15
1 A package I wish to download has these instructions:
2
3 wget -O - http://content.runescape.com/a=946/downloads/ubuntu/runescape.gpg.key
4 | apt-key add -
5 mkdir -p /etc/apt/sources.list.d
6 echo "deb http://content.runescape.com/a=946/downloads/ubuntu trusty
7 non-free" > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/runescape.list
8 apt-get update
9 apt-get install -y runescape-launcher
10
11 I have downloaded the apt sources and have been reading it. However
12 its fairly large &
13 complex which will take me a while to figure out.
14 The gpg key was fairly easy, but I don't see how apt-get uses it yet.
15 I also don't see how apt gets the list of files to download, since
16 there is only a directory given.
17 I can't displayhttp://content.runescape.com/a=946/downloads/ubuntu in a browser.
18
19 Just wondering if anyone has anything helpful to shorten the process
20 of figuring it out.
21 I'm planning to create a cut down apt-get which just fetches the
22 files, but don't have much time most days.