From: Sean Sullivan <sean@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge --emptytree problem
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:35:41
1 On Sunday 10 July 2005 09:25, Mark wrote:
2 > I'm rebuilding my system from scratch, using 2005 and a stage 2 build.
3 > It keeps failing in the emerge --emptytree system process. I suspect
4 > my make.conf is the problem. So a couple questions...
5 >
6 > 1. On the USE flags, this time around, I put in everything that
7 > sounded like I wanted, which ended up being a very long list. Am I
8 > better off having a very short list of USE flags, as shown in the
9 > example in the docs?
10 >
11 > 2. I have -march=athlon64 in my make.conf file. My processor is an
12 > AMD64 Athlon 3200+. Is that the correct march= setting? Maybe that's
13 > my whole problem rather than my USE flags list??
14 >
15 > Thanks all,
16 > --
17 > Mark
18 > [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]
19
20 march=athlon64 should be fine for your CPU. I use it and have an AMD64 3000+.
21 How exactly does the emerge fail? What is the error you see? Doubtful it has
22 anything to do with your USE flags, so we'll prob need to see the error.
23
24 Here is my make.conf for comparison (and I have a lot of USE flags)
25 --------------------------
26 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
27 CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -O2 -pipe"
28 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
29
30 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"
31 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
32
33 USE="-gnome -kde -gtk -arts acpi alsa X audiofile avi -bonobo
34 cdparanoia cdr crypt cups dbm divx4linux dvd dvdread gtk2
35 encode imagemagick mailwrapper mozilla mpeg mysqli multilib
36 nvidia ogg oggvorbis oss opengl pam perl python qt samba ssl
37 mysql php xine amd64 apache2 cups acl xml readline libclamav"
39
40 -Sean
41 --
42 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list