From: Benny Pedersen <me@××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: arts
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:18:45
On Fri, July 8, 2005 11:21, Duncan wrote:

> Expanding on what Zac said, ensure your user is in the audio group, and > that udev is set up to use that group for audio devices and that the mode > is 660.
that was the pointer for me[3], i have disabled arts and enabled alsa olso in the kernel after that rebuild all that hasuse arts[1] in use settings, and last emerged all alså supporting tools[2], wonderfull it sound is again working on my asus sk8n
> Also, check your PAM settings, console.perms IIRC. Gentoo is moving away > from using the PAM console-perms module by default, because it causes
will pam still be an problem for me now when the silence is dead here ? using kernel 2.6.12 r4 now [1] equery hasuse arts [2] equery hasuse alsa emerge from the listning above [3] usermod -G audio myuser -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list