From: Benny Pedersen <me@××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: arts
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 10:18:45
1 On Fri, July 8, 2005 11:21, Duncan wrote:
2
3 > Expanding on what Zac said, ensure your user is in the audio group, and
4 > that udev is set up to use that group for audio devices and that the mode
5 > is 660.
6
7 that was the pointer for me[3], i have disabled arts and enabled alsa olso
8 in the kernel after that rebuild all that hasuse arts[1] in use settings,
9 and last emerged all alså supporting tools[2], wonderfull it sound is
10 again working on my asus sk8n
11
12 > Also, check your PAM settings, console.perms IIRC. Gentoo is moving away
13 > from using the PAM console-perms module by default, because it causes
14
15 will pam still be an problem for me now when the silence is dead here ?
16
17 using kernel 2.6.12 r4 now
18
19 [1] equery hasuse arts