From: Lorenzo Milesi <lorenzo.milesi@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: gcc 4.1.1 and crossdev (distcc)
Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 14:08:09
1 > Do you have the same gcc version on all hosts?
2
3 I have distcc on my laptop and on my work server. I use this last one
4 to compile laptop stuff. I was using distcc with gcc3.4, now I'm
5 trying to install gcc 4.1.1 on the server but it's returning this
6 error.
7
8 > One other thing, based on the error... Except for many apps in the
9 > science area, fortran isn't much used any more. If you aren't running
10 > anything of that nature, chances are pretty good you can set USE=-fortran.
11
12 I tried doing so in packages.use, but crossdev rewrites it every time,
13 erasing what I wrote. :(
14
15 I wonder why gcc3.4 install was painful...
16
17 Thanks
18 Maxxer
19 --