From: Robert Walter <ro-wa@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] reiser4 fs
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2005 16:44:12
hi
i'm using reiser4 for root & home on amd64 nvraid for ~2weeks and had no problem til now.
but i'm looking forward :)
/var is on reiserfs and backup on ext3. all you need is sys-fs/reiser4progs & sys-kernel/reiser4-gentoo-sources (just read the manual on http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Reiser4_With_Gentoo-Sources)
i wouldn't say reiser4 is faster. in fact, i had the same box on reiserfs before i had to change a hdd and i didn't notice any speedup :(
best regards. robert