From: Tim Ames <lls@×××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Is 2005 broken?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 06:55:47
1 At 11:44 PM 7/8/2005, you wrote:
2 >Errors with both md5 and gzip? Can you use a separate computer to
3 >determine if the problem is with md5/gzip programs or corruption of the
4 >distfiles themselves?
5 >
6 >Zac
9 I was able to download the gzip from the mirror and put them in my
10 /distfiles dir and for example I was able to do that to wvdial and emerge
11 it on the system and get it working. But I couldn't download anything from
12 a mirror on the sk8v machine and emerge it on that machine. I was able to
13 start all over again move a stage 3 tarball over and run it, compile the
14 kernel, but then the same problem started all over again after the first
15 emerge sync.
16
17 still scratching my head
18