From: Daiajo Tibdixious <daiajo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] No kdm after 2005.0 upgrade
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2006 09:23:17
1 According to
2 http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-config.xml
3 I only have to put DISPLAY_MANAGER="kdm" in /etc/rc.conf, which I have done:
4 $ grep DISPLAY /etc/rc.conf
5 DISPLAY_MANAGER="kdm"
6 and have xdm in the startup:
7 $ /sbin/rc-update show xdm default | grep xdm
8 xdm | default
9 and kdm should start.
10
11 However, xdm starts instead of kdm.
12
13 I have tried setting XSESSION in /etc/rc.conf to various values, however
14 these all give X with no login manager
15 and no kde.
16
17 I had kdm running find under 2004.3, it stopped working when I upgraded to
18 2005.0 (as did many other things,
19 everything is now fixed except this).
20 I have to be missing something obvious, I can find no more in the
21 documentation.
22 I'm running kde 3.4.3
23 I'm going to go thru the xdm startup to try to figure this out, which will
24 take a while,
25 I just wonder if anyone can spot the flaw straight away?