From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: GCC-4.5.2 Has Serious Problems
Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2011 01:54:02
1 Frank Peters posted on Thu, 30 Jun 2011 21:23:21 -0400 as excerpted:
2
3 > Anyway, I'm glad I presented this issue. It has definitely improved my
4 > understanding. GCC has dozens, if not hundreds, of compile options and
5 > I know the actual function of only a small few.
6
7 Indeed. The gcc manpage is a veritable treasure-trove of interesting
8 options, even (especially?) for those who who don't know C but either
9 aspire to be or already consider themselves Gentoo power-users.
10
11 And this sort of issue discussion is perfect for a gentoo list, as even
12 for those who don't really understand it, it provides a glimpse into the
13 sorts of things gentoo devs must deal with on a daily basis (yes, I guess
14 that is sort of repeating the point I made before, but it's true).
19 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman