From: "Florian D." <flockmock@×××.at>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Root on Raid and LVM
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:57:01
1 > This got me booting - but it is strange! The initrd still says that it
2 > can't find any software raid devices, but now it CAN find the lvm
3 > volumes and it boots all the way. Once I log in I see that I have all my
4 > raid devices started, and all the right things are mounted.
5
6 hi chris,
7 i cannot understand, how you got things working without an extra /boot
8 partition. the system needs initrd to start the LVM, right? but if
9 initrd itself is on the LVM...? very interesting ;-)
10
11 cheers, flo
12 --
13 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list