From: Chris Smart <taskara@××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Root on Raid and LVM
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 03:57:01
1 Chris S wrote:
2
3 > I've read about a new bootloader option, lvmraid, but I have yet to
4 > try adding "lvmraid=/dev/md5" to grub's kernel line.
5 > However, it seems strange that the initrd is not picking up the raid
6 > devices.
7
8 This got me booting - but it is strange! The initrd still says that it
9 can't find any software raid devices, but now it CAN find the lvm
10 volumes and it boots all the way. Once I log in I see that I have all my
11 raid devices started, and all the right things are mounted.
12
13 There is an issue however, that after it finds the lvm group and start
14 booting, I get "rm - can't remove /sys/blah*" spewing across the screen
15 for about 2 minutes, then it goes and boots just fine.
16
17 Has anyone heard of these issues?
18
19 I assume lvmraid option is new as I had this working without it
20 previously. Perhaps Gentoo devs have changed the way all this works?
21
22 Cheers,
23 -c
24 --