From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] ATi driver
Date: Fri, 18 Aug 2006 20:21:45
1 On Friday 18 August 2006 20:39, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Brett Johnson wrote:
3 > >> Well, I blew the .kde folder away and ....
4 > >
5 > > Next time, just rename .kde to .kde.borked or something. That way you
6 > > won't loose your settings.
7 >
8 > Yeah I did that. But moving it back to .kde didn't restore it. Not
9 > that I care, it actually forced me to do some spring cleaning.
10
11 .kde is actually a symlink to .kde3.5 (change the 5 to the appropriate
12 version). As such you'd need to backup the target of the symlink.
13
14 Paul
17 Paul de Vrieze
18 Gentoo Developer