From: Taka John Brunkhorst <antiwmac@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Printing with Cups and 3-port JetDirect
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2005 01:48:28
1 does
2 echo "testing" > test.txt
3 cat test.txt > /dev/lpr (or watever ur thing is) work?
4 u might also need gimp-print drivers too..
5
6 On 8/18/05, Mark Creamer <mcreamer@××××××××.net> wrote:
7 > I have a printer configured in CUPS, which is attached to a HP
8 > JetDirect 3-port print server. I set the printer in CUPS to use:
9 >
10 > socket://192.168.1.30:9100
11 >
12 > per some instructions I found in my searching. However, nothing prints
13 > when I do a test page. I've tried restarting cupsd, but no print. Maybe
14 > I'm missing something simple? I have verified the IP address on the
15 > JetDirect, and that the printer is plugged in to port 1 (which
16 > translates to TCP/IP port 9100 from what I'm told).
17 >
18 > Thanks!
19 > --
20 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list