From: Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Systemd migration: opinion and questions
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 22:42:31
1 Am Wed, 25 Feb 2015 00:11:18 +0100
2 schrieb Marc Joliet <marcec@×××.de>:
3
4 [...]
5 > What was more difficult was getting it to depend on the right network target
6 > properly. The same "Requires" line that worked for samba and cups fails with
7 > "failed to add dependency" type errors:
8 >
9 > Feb 24 21:20:01 marcec systemd[540]: Cannot add dependency job for unit
10 > mpd.service, ignoring: Unit netctl@×××××××××.service failed to load: No such file or directory.
11 >
12 > So apparently user units can't "Require" system units? However, adding a
13 > symlink from the service unit in /etc to .../mpd.service.requires/ solved that
14 > problem, but yielded a new one:
15 >
16 > Feb 24 23:26:49 marcec network[2200]: netctl needs root privileges
17 >
18 > Oh, well... Maybe it would work with systemd-networkd?
19 [...]
20
21 FWIW, I found this earlier today:
22 http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/NetworkTarget/, which even has
23 its own FAQ entry (guess I should have found it earlier, then). Systemd has a
24 network-online.target, which looks like what I want(ed). I'm too tired to try it
25 now, but I'll do so tomorrow.
26
27 Greetings
28 --
29 Marc Joliet
30 --
31 "People who think they know everything really annoy those of us who know we
32 don't" - Bjarne Stroustrup