From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: How To Play WMV (thread drift -slaveryware)
Date: Sat, 30 Sep 2006 06:42:02
1 "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.net> posted
2 200609300101.09472.bss03@××××××××××.net, excerpted below, on Sat, 30 Sep
3 2006 01:01:05 -0500:
4
5 > I got a couple of messages about the message. One said there was not
6 > enough information to check the signature. The other said the signature
7 > was valid, but the key was untrusted. Apparently his mailer (Thunderbird
8 > + Enigmail) seems to be singing his messages twice.
9
10 He's signing using two different formats, apparently, smime and pgp/gpg.
11 I'm reading this group in pan as a news message, so don't verify either
12 one, but the pgp one shows up attached to the message while the smime one
13 shows up separately. The problem is likely to be either that the smime
14 signature includes the pgp sig in the signed content and the client
15 separates it out so the sig fails to match, or the other way, that the
16 smime sig is on the body without the gpg sig but the client is trying to
17 include it so again it's failing.
22 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
25 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list