From: "Sebastian Beßler" <sebastian@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] FGLRX: Option SwapScreens in xorg.conf not working
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 23:02:49
1 Hello,
2
3 I have a ATI Radeon HD3650 setup as DualHead (two seperate Screens :0.0
4 and :0.1) with my main-monitor on vga and my TV on HDMI. This worked
5 with the fglrx-driver and Option Swap-Screens on in the Drivers-Section
6 in xorg.conf flawless until I tried the radeonhd-driver.
7
8 For that I moved my xorg.conf to a save place and made a totaly new from
9 scratch.
10
11 Because of my failure to create a DualHead-Setup with radeonhd (all I
12 get is a crappy BigScreen with windows maximising to both monitors) I
13 switched back to fglrx.
14
15 For that I copied the saved xorg.conf back and rebooted.
16
17 But now the SwapScreens option in xorg.conf is ignored.
18 The log shows (**) fglrx(0): Option "SwapScreens" "on" but the screens
19 are wrong.
20
21 Commenting out or setting it to off doesn't work either.
22
23 The Option is needed as digital output is preferred over analog vga so
24 that my TV is set as primary screen. As my monitor is connected to
25 analog vga (with an adapter as the card only has 2 DVI) that is totaly
26 unacceptable.
27
28 I tried every version of the fglrx-driver (inclusive 9.6 today) that is
29 in portage.
30
31 I tried using aticonfig --initial --swap-screens=on so that
32 /etc/ati/amdpcsdb gets updated, but without any luck.
33
34 Now I am out of ideas.
35
36 If anybody has a working DualHead with to seperated screens (:0.0 and
37 :0.1) with radeonhd (the normal radeon doesn't work as it can't use
38 HDMI) equal if statically in xorg.conf or dynamically with xrandr that
39 would be cool too.
40
41 I take every solution as long as I don't need to buy a new monitor and
42 have to seperated screens.
43
44 Greetings
45
46 Sebastian Beßler
47
48 ****************************************************************************
49 My xorg.conf:
50
51 Section "ServerLayout"
52 Identifier "aticonfig Layout"
53 Screen 0 "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0" 0 0
54 Screen "aticonfig-Screen[0]-1" RightOf "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
55 EndSection
56
57 Section "Files"
58 EndSection
59
60 Section "Module"
61 EndSection
62
63 Section "ServerFlags"
64 Option "DontZap" "off"
65 Option "Xinerama" "off"
66 EndSection
67
68 Section "Monitor"
69 Identifier "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
70 Option "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
71 Option "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
72 Option "DPMS" "true"
73 EndSection
74
75 Section "Monitor"
76 Identifier "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-1"
77 Option "VendorName" "ATI Proprietary Driver"
78 Option "ModelName" "Generic Autodetecting Monitor"
79 Option "DPMS" "true"
80 EndSection
81
82 Section "Device"
83 Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
84 Driver "fglrx"
85 Option "SwapScreens" "on"
86 BusID "PCI:2:0:0"
87 EndSection
88
89 Section "Device"
90 Identifier "aticonfig-Device[0]-1"
91 Driver "fglrx"
92 BusID "PCI:2:0:0"
93 Screen 1
94 EndSection
95
96 Section "Screen"
97 Identifier "aticonfig-Screen[0]-0"
98 Device "aticonfig-Device[0]-0"
99 Monitor "aticonfig-Monitor[0]-0"
100 DefaultDepth 24
101 SubSection "Display"
102 Viewport 0 0
103 Depth 24
104 Modes "1440x900" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600" "640x480"
105 EndSubSection
106 EndSection
107
108 Section "Screen"