From: Christoph Mende <ch.mende@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: SOLVED: gcc 4.1 upgrade - bad desktop interactivity anyone?
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 08:30:48
1 DRI is hardware accelerated 3D rendering. You don't need it for music apps,
2 but you most probably need it for your Windows games, without direct
3 rendering you will use software rendering and get most likely get <5 fps in
4 OpenGL games. It may be nice to have direct rendering for xine too, since
5 xine can output its videos through OpenGL - don't know about MythTV though.
6