From: John Harrigan <harriganj@××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] aic79xx aic7xxx
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2004 20:31:54
1 I'm trying to install from the gentoo livecd but my system hangs
2 when I try and load the aic79xx module. I have the same problem
3 with both the aic79xx and aic7xxx modules when using their
4 respective cards. The livecd is the 2004.3-r1 release for
5 amd64.
6
7 With slackware and a vanilla 2.6.9 kernel, I have to enable
8 the "Compile in Debugging Code" for both the aic7xxx and the
9 aic79xx drivers, otherwise they hang and won't load. Is there
10 a way for me to check the options used to build the gentoo kernel
11 to see if it's the same problem?
14 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list