From: Andrei Slavoiu <ansla80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: accelerated X 7.1 & ATI card
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 09:32:10
1 --- Piotr Pruszczak <p.pruszczak@××××××××.pl> wrote:
2
3 > By the way - do you have DRM working ??
4 Yes I have. I use the DRM drivers in kernel 2.6.17,
5 not the separate ebuild which is recommended in the
6 HOWTO because it works and it's easier to update if
7 it's in kernel.
8 >
9 > Unfortunately, doing everything step-by-step like is
10 > described on gentoo
11 > forum in topic related to drm under FREE drivers - I
12 > have not DRM due to
13 > missing libGL.so.1 --->> when switching openGL to
14 > mesa-cvs..
15 I don't know what guide you followed but if you are
16 using the cvs version of mesa it sounds a little
17 extreme to me :) I suggest you get rid of all the
18 experimental stuff you installed following that guide
19 then use the official Gentoo HOWTO
20 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_DRI_with_ATi_Open-Source_Drivers
21 >
22 > when switching to xorg-x11 I have NOT drm enabled
23 > (??why??) and I have
24 > some acceleration - 1000 fps is "almost usable for
25 > games.."
26 So you want to say that glxinfo reports: "direct
27 rendering: No" but you still get 1000 fps in glxgears?
28 I find it hard to believe you can get so many fps
29 without hardware acceleration.
30
32 Do You Yahoo!?
33 Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around
34 http://mail.yahoo.com
35 --
36 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list