From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: Nvidia problem
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 11:14:04
1 Sami Samhuri posted <20050728015026.GD15702@××××××××××.com>, excerpted
2 below, on Wed, 27 Jul 2005 18:50:26 -0700:
3
4 > One detail I forgot to mention is that this is a PCI card. Are you both
5 > using AGP? That could be a factor as well. Google hasn't turned up much in
6 > the way of amd64 related content but maybe I just haven't found the
7 > correct wording yet...
8
9 I've run PCI Radeons as well, before, Radeon 7000s. They worked fine,
10 for the most part, altho the quality on the ones I had didn't seem the
11 best. I currently have both a PCI and an AGP card installed, as I /had/
12 planned on going dual card, quad monitor, but I've never been able to get
13 that to work. I can get either one on its own to work, but not both
14 together, altho the Radeon drivers are supposedly multi-card xinerama
15 capable. It always says there's a conflict in some set of overlapping I/O
16 zones or some such, and can't straighten it out. However, as I said,
17 either one operates just fine on its own.
18
19 Hmmm... now that I think about it, I don't remember what models are
20 currently installed. Let me try a quick lspci...
21
22 RV 280 for both. ATI Radeon 9200 SE, and 9200 Pro. The pro is the PCI
23 card, the SE is the AGP card.
28 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
29 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
33 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list