From: Thanasis <thanasis@××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Cc: Randy Barlow <randy@×××××××××××××××××.com>
Subject: {SOLVED] Re: [gentoo-amd64] restarting net.ppp0
Date: Tue, 07 Jun 2011 16:12:48
1 on 06/07/2011 06:57 PM Randy Barlow wrote the following:
2 > On 06/07/11 11:49, Thanasis wrote:
3 >> On a system which serves a LAN as NAT gateway, when the ADSL (pppoe)
4 >> link dies or when I restart net.ppp0, a lot of services like named,
5 >> dhcpd, squid, samba, sshd, etc are also restarted, for which there is no
6 >> reason. This is very uncovenient because the LAN depends on the system's
7 >> services for name resolution etc.
8 >> Anyone else seeing this?
9 >
10 > If you are on baselayout 2, I'd bet you have rc_depend_strict="YES" in
11 > your /etc/rc.conf. If you change that to NO, you might see the behavior
12 > you are expecting.
15 That did it :)
16 Thanks !