From: Mark <whitetr6@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Scanning in GIMP
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 16:17:49
1 Perfect!
2 Thanks Damian!!
3
4 On 11/6/05, Damian Świstowski <dswistowski@×××××.com> wrote:
5 >
6 > Mark wrote:
7 > > I plugged in a USB scanner tonight, and followed instructions I found to
8 > > get xsane working with it. It all works perfectly. I would like to be
9 > > able to scan from within GIMP, but the Acquire menu does not show a
10 > > scanner option. So I tried USE="scanner" emerge gimp to re-install it
11 > > with scanner support, but I still don't have the scanner option. Did I
12 > > need to do the emerge differently than I did when I re-installed, or is
13 > > something else wrong? Thanks!
14 > Try
15 > USE="gimp" emerge media-gfx/sane-frontends
16 >
17 > --
18 > Damian Świstowski
19 > dswistowski@×××××.com
20 > jid: g0ph3r@×××××××.pl gg: 2180343 tlen: g0ph3r@××.pl
21 > --
22 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
28 Mark
29 [unwieldy legal disclaimer would go here - feel free to type your own]