From: Antoine Martin <antoine@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Get synaptics touchpad to work after initial installation
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:54:00
1 On Wed, 2005-11-02 at 07:45 -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > I did something kind of stupid, when I first installed Gentoo, I left my
3 > usb optical mouse connected to my laptop. After install that mouse
4 > works fine, but the synaptics touchpad does not. Any good hints on how
5 > to make it work? I've emerged synaptics, but that hasn't help, so there
6 > must be something else. Should I rebuild my xorg.conf file?
7 This isn't a gentoo-amd64 question, but my guess is that your xorg.conf
8 points to the usb mouse. The synaptics probably comes up as a normal
9 psaux mouse. Simply adding another mouse device section should do it.
10 Google should be able to find this for you. ("synaptics device section")
11
12 Antoine
15 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list