From: Peter Davoust <worldgnat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Resizing Vista
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:20:44
1 Ok, so this is sort of a continuation of my previous question about Xserver,
2 HP decided to replace my laptop after a little technical support issue, and
3 now my PC has Vista on a 120 gig hard drive. The only problem is that for
4 some reason neither my Gparted Live cd nor my gentoo live cd can resize the
5 partition. I'd reinstall everything, but Compaq doesn't like providing OS
6 restore disks, and instead put all the data on a separate partition. Most
7 likely the restore disk will just setup the same partition scheme as before
8 anyway. I've tried using the Vista disk partition utility, but it could only
9 give me 587 mb in between the restore and OS partitions. It's annoying, does
10 anyone know how to fix it? I've tried chkdsk and defrag already, but to no
11 avail.
12
13 -Peter