From: David Shen <davidshen84@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Self created initramfs cannot work
Date: Sat, 27 Jun 2009 08:26:09
1 i tried that also...
4 On Thu, Jun 25, 2009 at 12:10 PM, Branko
5 Badrljica<brankob@××××××××××.com> wrote:
6 > David Shen wrote:
7 >
8 > <SNIP>
9 >> But when I try to boot my system, I got kernel panic, and it says it
10 >> cannot find the init script. If I remove the 'initrd' instruction from
11 >> the grub.conf file, the error message does different, which means the
12 >> system WAS trying to process the initramfs. But I do not know why it
13 >> cannot find the init script.
14 >>
15 >> I modified the initramfs that the genkernel generated before, and the
16 >> system works fine after that. But I never created a initramfs from
17 >> scratch before
18 >>
19 > I think kernel by default searches for /sbin/init.
20 >
21 > Have you tried with init=/init within kernel command line ?
29 Best Regards,
30 David Shen
31
32 http://twitter.com/davidshen84