From: Gavin Seddon <gavin.m.seddon@×××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] firewall
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 14:04:00
1 Hi,
2 I to have such a script that blocks ip's after 5 'opportunist' attempts.
3 See below. How do I rc-update this to default?
4 Cheers.
5
6 #!/bin/sh
7 # Start fresh
8 iptables -F
9
10 # Deal with SSH connections.
11 iptables -N sshchain
12 iptables -N sshscan
13
14 # Do the block
15 iptables -A INPUT -i eth0 -p tcp -m tcp --dport 22 -j sshchain
16 iptables -A sshchain -m conntrack --ctstate NEW -m recent --name
17 sshattempts --set
18 iptables -A sshchain -m recent --rcheck --seconds 60 --hitcount 10
19 --name sshattempts --rsource -j sshscan
20
21 # log when it happens,
22 iptables -A sshscan -m recent --rcheck --hitcount 3 --seconds 600 -j LOG
23 --log-prefix "SSH to many: "
24 iptables -A sshscan -j DROP
28 ps
29 MERRY CHRISTMAS